IMPORTANT: PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IN PARTICULAR, PLEASE REVIEW THE MUTUAL ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 18.
This Agreement constitutes a legal agreement between you (“you” or “User") and Refer Cleaning Service LLC. This Agreement governs your use of our services and platform that facilitates communications between Users offered through our website located at www.refercleaning.com, as it may be modified, relocated and/or redirected from time to time (the “Site”).
By accessing, using or registering with Refer Cleaning Service LLC or any portions thereof, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as we may publish from time to time. Please read this Agreement carefully. If you do not agree to accept and be bound by this Agreement, you must immediately stop using our services. Refer Cleaning Service LLC acceptance is expressly conditioned upon your assent to this Agreement in its entirety. If this Agreement is considered to be an offer by us, acceptance is expressly limited to this Agreement.
By using the Refer Cleaning Service LLC service, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least 18 years old, are at least of the legally required age in the jurisdiction in which you reside, and are otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts; and (ii) you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that you will so abide. Where you enter into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other organization, you represent and warrant that you have authority to act on behalf of that entity and to bind that entity to this Agreement.
Your agreement that either party may compel binding arbitration for most types of disputes, and your agreement to submit to an informal dispute resolution process for at least 30 days prior to the initiation of any claim (Section 18).
Your agreement that no claims can be adjudicated on a class basis (Section 18).
Your agreement that the Refer Cleaning Service is provided “as is” and without warranty (Section 16).
Your agreement that the Refer Cleaning Service is solely a communications platform providing a method for Professional Services to be booked, that all Professional Services are performed by third parties, and that Refer Cleaning Service has no liability for any Professional Services or any acts or omissions of third parties (Sections 1 and 16).
Your acknowledgment of and agreement to Refer Cleaning Service cancellation policies and cancellation fees (Section 4).
Your agreement to release Refer Cleaning Service from liability based on claims relating to Services and otherwise (Section 16) and your agreement to the limitation of time within which a claim can be brought (Section 21).
Your agreement to indemnify Refer Cleaning Service from claims due to your use, misuse or inability to use the Refer Cleaning Service platform the Merchandise and/or Professional Services, your violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or third party rights, and/or content or information submitted from your account to the Refer Cleaning Service platform (Section 17).
Your consent to any modifications or amendments to this Agreement (Section 22).
1. The Refer Cleaning Service platform is Solely a Venue for Communications; Background Checks.
a. The Refer Cleaning Service Platform is Solely a Venue for Communications. The Refer Cleaning Service platform is a communications platform for enabling the connection between individuals seeking to obtain services ("Requesters") and/or individuals seeking to provide services ("Professionals"). Requesters and Professionals together are referred to as "Users". Those certain services requested by the Requesters, which are to be completed by the Professionals, are hereinafter referred to as "Professional Services". The provision of all Professional Services is up to the Professionals, which may be scheduled through use of the Refer Cleaning Service platform. Refer Cleaning Service platform THROUGH THE Refer Cleaning Service website OFFERS INFORMATION AND A METHOD TO OBTAIN SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, BUT DOES NOT AND DOES NOT INTEND TO PROVIDE SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ITSELF OR ACT IN ANY WAY AS A RETAILER OR MANUFACTURER, OR AS A CLEANING, OR OTHER HOME-RELATED SERVICE PROVIDER, AND HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED TO THE REQUESTER BY PROFESSIONALS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF GOOD AND WORKMANLIKE SERVICES, WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE. Refer Cleaning Service IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, ENDORSED OR SPONSORED BY ANY THIRD PARTY MERCHANDISE PROVIDER OR RETAILER.
b. Background Checks. Refer Cleaning Service checks the backgrounds of Professionals via third party background check services. However, each Requester should exercise caution and common sense to protect its personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with any person whom you do not know. BY USING THE Refer Cleaning Service platform THE REQUESTER AGREES TO HOLD Refer Cleaning Service llc FREE FROM THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE OUT OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. Refer Cleaning Service LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER INCLUDING PROFESSIONALS, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES.
2. Personal Information; User Accounts.
b. Account, Password and Security. You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username, password and account provided by you or us for accessing the Refer Cleaning Service platform. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, except that Refer Cleaning Service LLC may, in certain circumstances, access your account to make changes that you request, such as rescheduling a Service appointment. Refer Cleaning Service LLC has no control over the use of any User’s account by the User or third parties and expressly disclaims any liability derived there from. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account or you suspect any other breach of security, you must contact us immediately at Support@ReferCleaning.Com. Nothing in this section shall affect Refer Cleaning Service’s rights to limit or terminate the use of the Refer Cleaning Service platform, as provided below in section 4(b).
c. Proof of Identity. You will provide us with such proof of identity as we may reasonably request from time to time.
d. Text Messages and Phone Calls. By providing your phone number and using the Refer Cleaning Service platform you agree that we may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, use your mobile phone number for calls and, if such phone number is a mobile number, for text (SMS) messages, in order to assist with facilitating the requested Professional Services. Standard call or message charges or other charges from your phone carrier may apply to calls or text (SMS) messages we send you. You may opt-out of receiving text (SMS) messages from us by replying with the word "STOP" to a text message from us. You acknowledge that opting out of text (SMS) messages may impact your ability to use the Refer Cleaning Service platform.
You agree to Refer Cleaning Service’s use of a service provider to mask your telephone number when you call or exchange text (SMS) messages with a Service Professor or Service Requestor using a telephone number provided by Refer Cleaning Service. During this process, Refer Cleaning Service and its service provider will receive in real time and store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages. You agree to the masking process described above and to Refer Cleaning Service platform use and disclosure of this call data for its legitimate business purposes.
e. Emails. Refer Cleaning Service may send you confirmation and other transactional emails regarding the Professional Services. Refer Cleaning Service may also send you emails about services that we think might interest you ("Promotional Emails"). You can unsubscribe from Promotional Emails at any time by replying “stop” in our email communications or contacting us.
3. Payments; Claims.
a. Payments. Users of the Refer Cleaning Service platform contract for Professional Services directly with other Users. Refer Cleaning Service platform is not a party to any contracts for Professional Services. The Refer Cleaning Service platform facilitates these contracts by supplying a medium through which Requesters can connect with Professionals, schedule Professional Services, and make payments for Professional Services (“Payments"). We will charge the Requester’s credit card according to the amount the Requester has agreed to on the Refer Cleaning Service platform with respect to all Professional Services the Requester has ordered, and for all purchases and payments for reimbursement costs, fees or expenses associated with a Professional Service, and the Requester hereby authorizes us to charge the credit card on file in the Requester’s Refer Cleaning Service platform account for such amounts after the job has been completed. We will use third party services to process credit card information. By accepting this Agreement, you are giving Refer Cleaning Service platform (or a third-party payment processor on Refer Cleaning Service platform behalf) permission to charge your on-file credit card, debit card, or other approved methods of payment for fees that you owe Refer Cleaning Service. Depending on the transaction you selected or services requested, Refer Cleaning Service platform may charge you on a one-time or recurring basis. All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Professional Services must be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with Refer Cleaning Service at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred.
We retain the right, in our sole discretion, to place a hold on the Requester’s credit card for an ordered or completed Professional Service transaction. Seventy-two (72) hours after a Professional Service is completed, if there is no complaint by the Requester, we will mark the Professional Service as closed. If the Requester has agreed with the Professional to extend or reduce the hours in or to reschedule a requested Professional Service, the Requester bears the responsibility for notifying Refer Cleaning Service. Requesters must notify Refer Cleaning Service either by changing the date or hours of the requested Professional Service through the Refer Cleaning Service Platform or by e-mailing the Refer Cleaning Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Payments by Requesters must be made through the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. Any Payments paid outside of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform are to be agreed upon between requester and Refer Cleaning Service. Except for the Refund Policy in Section 3(e), no refunds or credits will be provided once the Requester's credit card has been charged, except that at our sole discretion, refunds or credits may be granted in extenuating circumstances, as a result of specific promotions, or to correct any errors we have made. While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all credit card and all other personal information, we expressly disclaim any liability for any damage that may result should any information be released to any third parties, and you agree to hold us harmless for any damages that may result therefrom.
b. Job Rate. The rate per hour for a Professional Service ("Job Rate") depends on factors, such as location and how frequently a Recurrent Service is ordered, and payment terms may increase. Therefore, the same Professional Service may cost more in a different location or if the Professional Service is ordered less frequently. However, you will be notified prior to any such payment increase with sufficient notice to enable you to cancel the Recurrent Service as set forth herein.
c. Recurrent Service. When requesting a Professional Service, Requesters may have the option of choosing that the Professional Service be repeated on a regular basis ("Recurrent Service"). For example, a Requester may choose that a cleaning be performed every two weeks. When a Requester chooses a Recurrent Service, Refer Cleaning Service will automatically schedule that Recurrent Service to occur on future dates indefinitely at the frequency requested by Requester. Requester’s credit card will be charged the same non-promotional amount, as originally disclosed to Requester at the time of signing up for Recurrent Service for the Recurrent Service as the Professional Service appointments occur and for any applicable cancellation fees. Refer Cleaning Service cannot guarantee that the same Professional will be available for each Recurrent Service appointment or that Recurrent Service appointments will not be canceled. Requesters may cancel the Recurrent Service at any time by visiting their account or by e-mailing a notice of cancellation to email@example.com. Requesters must cancel more than twenty-four hours prior to the Professional Service in order to avoid being charged any cancellation fees and/or for the next Professional Service. After signing up for a Recurrent Service, you will be provided an e-mail acknowledgment which includes information on how to cancel.
d. Make It Right Guarantee.
i. The Make It Right Guarantee is available to Requesters and is the sole liability of Refer Cleaning Service to Requesters for the performance of Professional Services. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the initial Professional Service requested and paid for through the Refer Cleaning Service Platform, then Refer Cleaning Service will send another Professional to re-perform the Professional Service ordered at no additional charge to the Requester.
ii. The Make It Right Guarantee - Conditions & Exclusions; Your Primary Insurance. If you carry insurance that would cover you in the event of a claim, such as renter’s insurance, homeowner’s insurance, automobile insurance or an umbrella policy (“Personal Insurance”), You agree that your Personal Insurance is primary and the Make It Right Guarantee is secondary.
iii. Coverage Under the Make It Right Guarantee. A Requester will be covered under the Make It Right Guarantee for every Professional Service, subject to the exclusions below, provided:
The Professional Service is agreed to between a Requester and a Service Professional through the refer cleaning service Platform, performed by the Service Professional hired by the Requester and paid for in full through the refer cleaning service Platform;
You have reported the claim within 72 hours of the Professional Service; and
Your refer cleaning service account is in good standing with no outstanding balances owed to refer cleaning service or Professionals.
iv. What is excluded from the Make It Right Guarantee
? The “Make It Right Guarantee” does not cover the following:
losses arising out of acts of nature, including, but not limited to, pollution, earthquakes and weather related events such as hurricanes and tornadoes;
losses arising out of interruption of business, loss of market, loss of income and/or loss of use;
losses for property damage and theft exceeding the original value and/or replacement value for such property, less any standard depreciation;
losses arising from negligence of a Requester or third party;
losses arising from a manufacturer’s or a product’s defects;
losses from pre-existing damages or conditions of the item or property;
losses arising from items supplied by the Requester or due to Requester recommendations (e.g., if a manufacturer recommends affixing furniture to a wall and a Requester declines to have furniture affixed, etc);
losses arising from flooding and/or water damage including mold, fungi or bacteria;
losses arising from products containing hazardous or harmful materials, acts of terrorism, product liability, or pollution;
losses of cash, third party gift cards, and securities;
losses as a result of theft of property in excess of USD 5,000 or any other intentional wrongful act by a Professional;
losses arising from normal wear and tear;
losses for items that retain their functionality;
losses based on sentimental and/or undocumented intangible value;
losses related to repairs outside of the area where the Professional Services were performed;
losses of pets, personal liability or damage to shared or common areas;
losses arising from shipping costs and/or shipping of replacement items and/or taxes incurred in purchasing the original and/or replacement items;
losses of theft without a valid police report, if requested by refer cleaning service; and losses with insufficient documentation.
v. How do I submit a Claim? First report of a claim must be made 72 after booking occurs. After first report, You will be asked to complete the full claim form within 7 days of receipt. We urge you to read through these terms and conditions prior to submitting a claim. All claims will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. During refer cleaning service claims assessment process, You may be required to provide written detailed: (i) proof of ownership of damaged/missing item (ii) proof of value of damaged/missing item and (iii) proof of damage or loss. If such information is requested, You will have 30 days from the date of the request to send refer cleaning service the requested information. If You fail to provide the requested information within the 30 day time period and/or fail to contact refer cleaning service to arrange for an extension of time, Your claim will be considered closed. You also agree to: (i) protect and preserve any damaged property that is the basis of a claim from further damage, (ii) assist and allow refer cleaning service or its insurers access to inspect and make copies, photographs and recordings of anything relating to the claim, (iii) accept repairs and/or remediation by a Professional, (iv) accept a replacement only if repairs are proven not to be an option, (v) submit requested materials by the dates outlined by the refer cleaning service resolutions team, and (vi) accept a replacement item subject to the standard depreciation of that item.
If any part of Your claim is approved, then as a condition to any payment to You under the Make It Right Guarantee, You will be required to execute and deliver to refer cleaning service a release agreement and assign to refer cleaning service or its insurer any rights and remedies you may have to recover amounts paid to you with respect to an approved claim from any party that is financially responsible for the approve claims and any rights in any property that is recovered.
4. Term and Termination; Cancellation of Professional Services; Survival.
a. Term. This Agreement shall continue in full force and effect until such time as it is terminated by you or by us.
b. Termination by Refer Cleaning Service. We may terminate this Agreement or terminate or suspend your right to use the refer cleaning service Platform at any time for any or no reason (including, without limitation, in the event that we believe that you have breached this Agreement or any policy posted on the refer cleaning service platform, or if we otherwise find that you have engaged in inappropriate and/or offensive behavior (collectively, “Prohibited Conduct") by providing you with written or email notice of such termination to the physical or email address you have provided us, and termination will be effective immediately upon such notice. Except in the event that we terminate or suspend your right to use the refer cleaning service Platform due to any Prohibited Conduct, we will refund in full any payments for refer cleaning service services or Professional Services that have not been performed or completed. If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. When terminating your account, refer cleaning service may delete the account and all the information in it. You have no ownership rights to your account.
c. Termination by You. You may terminate this Agreement by completely and permanently ceasing to use the refer cleaning service Platform (provided that there are no outstanding Professional Services ordered under your password or account) and by closing any account you have opened on the refer cleaning service Platform. If you attempt to terminate this Agreement while there are still outstanding Professional Services ordered under your password or account, this Agreement shall not terminate until such Professional Services have been performed or otherwise canceled as permitted by refer cleaning service.
d. Cancellation Policy for Service Cancellation by Requester
Refer cleaning service cancellation policy for specific Professional Services is as follows: Requesters may cancel their scheduled Professional Service appointments through the refer cleaning service Platform at any time, subject to the following. If a Requester cancels more than 24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, there is no cancellation fee. If a Requester cancels between 2-24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Requester will be charged a $15 cancellation fee. If the Requester cancels during the 2 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Requester will be charged the full Professional Service amount. This cancellation policy applies both for one-time Professional Service bookings and for recurring Professional Service appointments. A Professional Service appointment may be canceled through your account or by e-mailing a notice of cancellation to
e. Policy for Service Cancellation by Professional. When a Professional cancels a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the refer cleaning service Platform generally notifies the Requester and makes the Requester’s Professional Service request available for another Professional to select. However, refer cleaning service cannot guarantee that a canceled Professional Service appointment will be selected by another Professional and rescheduled or that the Professional Service request will be completed. For Recurrent Service Requesters, if a Professional Service appointment is canceled by a Professional, Requester will not be charged for that Professional Service appointment. Professionals who cancel a scheduled Professional Service appointment may incur fees as provided in the Service Agreement.
f. Survival. All provisions that should by their nature survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement, including without limitation, Sections 8, 10 and 14-23, shall so survive.
6. Submission Areas. The Refer Cleaning Service Platform may contain blogs, message boards, applications, opportunities to provide reviews, job postings, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities that allow Users to communicate with other Users and with Refer Cleaning Service (collectively, "Submission Areas"). Some areas in the Submission Areas within the Refer Cleaning Service Platform will be public and Refer Cleaning Service will not be responsible for any information or materials posted in such public areas. Refer Cleaning Service may, in its discretion, publicly post submissions you submit to a non-public area of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. You may only use Submission Areas to send and receive messages and material that are relevant and proper to the applicable forum and that comply with this Agreement. “Your Information" is defined as any information and materials you provide to us or other Users in connection with your registration for and use of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform, including without limitation, information and materials that are posted or transmitted for use in Submission Areas. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we are merely a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information. You hereby represent and warrant that Your Information: (a) will comply at all times with this Agreement, including but not limited to Section 7 (Rules for Use of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform) below, and with Section 2 (Personal Information; User Accounts) above; and (b) will not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our Internet Service Providers (ISPs), customers, or other partners or suppliers. You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute all of Your Information that is posted to Submission Areas from or through your account on the Refer Cleaning Service Platform, including but not limited to all images, videos, musical works and text included in such postings. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. We reserve the right to remove postings from Submission Areas in our sole discretion.
7. Rules for Use of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. During the term of this Agreement, Requesters may use the Refer Cleaning Service Platform for your personal use only (or for the use of a person, including a company or other organization that you validly represent). Requesters may use the Refer Cleaning Service Platform to book Professional Services solely with respect to a location where the Requester is legally authorized to have Professional Services performed. Requesters may not use the Refer Cleaning Service Platform for any other purposes or in connection with any commercial endeavors whatsoever without our express prior written consent. Requesters agree that an order for Professional Services is an offer, which is only accepted when the Requester receives a confirmation of the order. Requesters agree to treat Professionals courteously and lawfully, to provide a safe and appropriate working environment for them that is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and to provide reasonable co-operation to Professionals to enable them to supply Professional Services. Requesters agree to communicate any complaints to us and not to the Professionals. Requesters agree to comply with our complaint and other policies designated on the Site. Requesters acknowledge that their selected Professional may be unavailable from time to time, e.g. due to illness, vacation or leaving the Refer Cleaning Service platform. Professionals agree to provide Professional Services in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and with the Service Agreement. You shall NOT use the Refer Cleaning Service Platform (including but not limited to any Submission Areas) to do any of the following:
a. Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another's computer.
b. Upload files that contain software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or publicity of any third party.
c. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity) of others, including but not limited to our staff and other Users.
d. Post a review or rating unless such review or rating contains your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
e. Use the Refer Cleaning Service Platform or any Professional Service for any purpose or in any manner that is in violation of local, state, national, or international law.
f. Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, threatening or unlawful topics, names, materials or information, or any materials, information or content that involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items.
g. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose or solicit employment or contract work which is not relevant to services offered through the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. You may not solicit, advertise for, or contact in any form Users for employment, contracting, or any other purpose not related to Professional Services facilitated through the Refer Cleaning Service Platform without express written permission from us.
h. Use the Refer Cleaning Service Platform to collect usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means without our express prior written consent.
i. Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters.
j. Impersonate another person or allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments or otherwise use your account.
k. Post the same note repeatedly (referred to as 'spamming'). Spamming is strictly prohibited.
l. Download any file posted by another User that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the Refer Cleaning Service Platform, or post or upload any content to which you have not obtained any necessary rights or permissions to use accordingly.
m. Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the Refer Cleaning Service Platform.
n. Imply or state that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent.
o. Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, alter, copy, distribute, hack or interfere with the Refer Cleaning Service Platform, its servers or any connected networks, use a robot, spider, manual and/or automatic processes or devices to data-mine, data-crawl, scrape or index the Refer Cleaning Service Platform in any manner, or attempt to do any of the foregoing.
p. Remove or alter, visually or otherwise, any copyrights, trademarks or proprietary marks and rights owned by us.
q. Upload content that is offensive and/or harmful, including, but not limited to, content that advocates, endorses, condones or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group of individuals.
r. Upload content that provides materials or access to materials that are obscene, adult or sexual or that exploit anyone, and in particular people under the age of 18, in an abusive, violent or sexual manner.
s. Register to use the Refer Cleaning Service Platform under different usernames or identities, after your account has been suspended or terminated.
t. Mirror or archive any part of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform or any content or material contained on the Refer Cleaning Service Platform without Refer Cleaning Service's written permission.
u. Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting or providing false or misleading representations in the sender information, subject line, locator, or content of any electronic message.
v. Alter transmission data without Refer Cleaning Service's consent
w.Poach any of our cleaners to conduct any private services without our written consent.
x.Lie about the condition of your apartment. For example, choosing basic cleaning which is recommended only for those who have professionally cleaned their apartment within 1 month or lie about not having any grease, accumulated dust, mold, need of organizing in the questionnare section prior to the cleaning.
8. No Employment. Refer Cleaning Service provides a software platform which allows you to connect with independent Professionals. Refer Cleaning Service is not the employer of any Professional. You acknowledge that we do not supervise, direct, or control a Professional’s work or Professional Services performed in any manner. A Professional provides services to you as an independent contractor, and is not an employee, joint venture, partner, agent, or franchisee of Refer Cleaning Service for any purpose whatsoever.
9. Special Promotions; Gift Cards and Vouchers.
a. Changes to Promotions. We may from time to time provide certain promotional opportunities to Requesters. All promotions will be run at our sole discretion, and can be activated, modified or removed at any time by us without advance notification.
b. Promotional Credit
i. Promotional credit is only eligible for the specific services designated by Refer Cleaning Service. Promotional credit is valid for a limited time only and expires on the date indicated when you receive the applicable promotional credit. Failure to use promotional credit before such expiration date will result in the forfeiture of promotional credit. Refer Cleaning Service reserves the right to cancel promotional credit at any time. No refunds will be granted for any expired or cancelled promotional credit.
ii. Refer Cleaning Service promotional credit has no intrinsic value, is not redeemable for cash, has no cash value, and serves merely as a means to recognize and provide an incentive to use the Refer Cleaning Service platform. Promotional credits may not be purchased for cash and Refer Cleaning Service does not sell Promotional credit. Promotional credit is nonrefundable.
iii. Promotional credits will not be applied against any sales, use, gross receipts or similar transaction based taxes that may be applicable to you, and/or fees or charges for use of any ineligible services.
iv. Your Refer Cleaning Service account will be billed for all fees and charges for use of any ineligible services. Each promotional credit can only be used once and your Refer Cleaning Service account will be billed for all fees and charges for use of any eligible service in excess of the amount of available promotional credit.
v. Promotional Credit you receive is personal to you. You may not sell, license, rent, or otherwise transfer promotional credit. Promotional credit may be applied only to your account, and may not be applied to any other account.
c. Referral Credits. In the event that you are given a code through which you may refer a friend to the Refer Cleaning Service Platform in exchange for a referral credit, you shall not use any online marketing or advertising to promote such code or to artificially increase the amount of credits awarded. By way of example, you may not post, or cause, request or permit a third party to post any such code on a coupon website, nor use any paid search marketing, online advertising, forum posting, newsgroup posting or bulk email to disseminate such code. You may only share such code with your personal friends and acquaintances for legitimate referral purposes, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Refer Cleaning Service referral credits are redeemable only for Professional Service. Refer Cleaning Service referral credits have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash unless otherwise required by law. Without limiting our other rights and remedies, we may terminate such code and/or your account for any breach of this Section. For questions or additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
i. Refer Cleaning Service vouchers or promotional codes for special offers or discounts ("Vouchers") may be available and can be used to pay in part or in full for Professional Services.
ii. You agree that you will only use one Voucher per person and will use Vouchers in accordance with the Voucher terms and conditions.
iii. You agree that you will comply with all Voucher terms and conditions.
iv. Use of Vouchers is further subject to the below terms and conditions regarding Gift Cards
e. Gift Cards
i. Refer Cleaning Service Gift Cards ("Gift Cards") are redeemable only for Professional Services. Gift Cards have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash unless otherwise required by law.
ii. Gift Cards must be presented at the time of purchase and any available balance will be applied to your purchase.
iii. Gift Cards do not expire and there are no inactivity, dormancy or service fees associated with Gift Cards.
iv. You agree that you will comply with all Gift Card terms and conditions.
v. Gift Cards are not replaceable if lost or stolen, and cannot be combined with any other Gift Cards, Vouchers, gift certificates, or other coupons.
vi. Gift Cards cannot be used for previous purchases, credits, or the purchase of Gift Cards, and cannot be used to make a payment towards third party items the balance on a credit card.
vii. We reserve the right to limit quantities of Gift Cards purchased by any person or entity and to cancel a Gift Card if we believe that the Gift Card was obtained through fraudulent or unauthorized means. Specifically, you may not purchase or obtain more than $5,000 in Gift Card value in any one day regardless of location, whether on a single Gift Card or multiple Gift Cards. Moreover, you may not purchase or obtain any one Gift Card with a value of more than $2,000 in any one day.
viii. No credit card, credit line, overdraft protection, or deposit account is associated with your Gift Card. Unused Gift Card balances are not transferable, and you may not sell a Gift Card or otherwise barter for its exchange although you may give a Gift Card to someone else as a gift.
ix. A Gift Card is void if copied, altered, transferred, purchased or sold.
x. Purchases of Gift Cards are final and not refundable. All sales are final
xi. We reserve the right to correct the balance of a Gift Card if we believe that a billing error has occurred, and we disclaim all liability for any such billing errors.
xiii. In the event you do not use your Gift Card for a certain period of time, we may be required to turn over the remaining Gift Card balance to a state under such state's unclaimed or abandoned property law. Although your Gift Card does not expire, if we are obligated to turn over the remaining balance of your Gift Card under a state's unclaimed property law, by operation of law we will be released from any further liability or obligation with respect to your Gift Card and you may be required to contact the state's unclaimed property administrator to attempt to recover your unused Gift Card balance. To protect your right to continue to use your remaining Gift Card balance, we will make reasonable efforts to exempt your Gift Card from state unclaimed property laws.
10. Intellectual Property Rights. The Refer Cleaning Service Platform, and the information, data, content and materials, which it contains, are the property of Refer Cleaning Service and/or its affiliates and licensors, excluding User-generated content, which Refer Cleaning Service has a right to use as described below. The Refer Cleaning Service Materials are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. Refer Cleaning Service and/or its affiliates and licensors are and shall continue to be the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights associated with the Refer Cleaning Service Materials. Any use of Refer Cleaning Service Materials, other than as expressly permitted herein, is prohibited without the prior permission of Refer Cleaning Service and/or the relevant right holder. The service marks and trademarks of Refer Cleaning Service, including without limitation refercleaning.com, and the Refer Cleaning Service logo are service marks owned by Refer Cleaning Service. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos and/or trade names appearing on the Refer Cleaning Service Platform are the property of their respective owners. You may not copy or use any of the marks, logos or trade names appearing on the Refer Cleaning Service Platform without the express prior written consent of the owner.
11. Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent. Refer Cleaning Service respects the intellectual property of others, and expects Users to do the same. Refer Cleaning Service will respond to properly submitted notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. In the event that a person or entity has a good faith belief that any materials provided on or in connection with the Refer Cleaning Service Platform infringe upon that person's or entity's copyright or other intellectual property right (such person or entity, a "Complainant") and sends to Refer Cleaning Service a properly submitted copyright notice as indicated below, Refer Cleaning Service will investigate, and if it determines, in its discretion, that the material is infringing, Refer Cleaning Service will remove the content and may terminate the access of the User who posted such content to the Refer Cleaning Service Platform in the case of repeat infringers. All notices claiming an infringement of copyright rights must contain the following:
(i) Identification of the intellectual property right that is allegedly infringed. All relevant registration numbers, or a statement concerning the Complainant's ownership of the work, should be included.
(ii) A statement specifically identifying the location of the infringing material, with enough detail that Refer Cleaning Service may find it on the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. Please note: it is not sufficient to merely provide a top level URL.
(iii) The complete name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of Complainant.
(iv) A statement that Complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material is not authorized by the owner of the rights, or its agents, or by law.
(v) A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under the penalty of perjury, Complainant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other property rights that are allegedly infringed; (vi) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights that are allegedly being infringed.
Refer Cleaning Service's contact information for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
12. Mobile Devices
a. The Refer Cleaning Service Platform may allow you to access our services upload content to the Refer Cleaning Service Platform, and receive messages on your mobile device (collectively "Mobile Features"). Your mobile device carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Mobile Features and certain Mobile Features may be incompatible with your mobile device carrier or mobile device. In addition, your mobile device carrier may charge you for standard messaging, data, and other fees to participate in Mobile Features. We have no responsibility or liability for any fees or charges you incur when using the Mobile Features. You should check with your mobile device carrier to find out whether any fees or charges will apply, what plans are available and how much they cost. You should also contact your mobile device carrier with any other questions regarding these issues.
13. Customer Service/ Phone calls
You hereby give Refer Cleaning Service consent to call you 12-72 hours before your scheduled cleaning to retrieve information about your home in order for us to provide this information to the professional assigned to your home. Questions that may be asked might include but are not limited to special requests, instructions, personal preferences that the customer may have.
14. Modifications to the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to review, improve, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Refer Cleaning Service Platform or any content or information on the Refer Cleaning Service Platform with or without notice. We will not be liable to any party for any modification or discontinuance of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform.
15. Confidentiality. The term "Confidential Information" shall mean any and all of Refer Cleaning Service's trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information, personal information and all other information and data of Refer Cleaning Service that is not generally known to the public or other third parties who could derive value, economic or otherwise, from its use or disclosure. The Refer Cleaning Service Platform contains secured components that are accessible only to those who have been granted a user name and password by Refer Cleaning Service. Information contained within the secure components of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform is confidential and proprietary. You acknowledge that Confidential Information (as hereinafter defined) is a valuable, special and unique asset of Refer Cleaning Service and agree that you will not use Confidential Information other than as necessary for you to make use of the Refer Cleaning Service Platform as expressly permitted by this Agreement and only during the term of this Agreement. You will not disclose or transfer (or seek to induce others to disclose or transfer) any Confidential Information for any purpose. You shall promptly notify Refer Cleaning Service in writing of any circumstances, which may constitute unauthorized disclosure, transfer, or use of Confidential Information. You shall implement reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect Confidential Information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, transfer, modification or use. You shall return all originals and any copies of any and all materials containing Confidential Information to Refer Cleaning Service upon termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation on Liability.
a. USE OF THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER REFER CLEANING SERVICE NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE IN OR THROUGH THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY PROFESSIONAL'S REGISTRATION, PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATION OR LICENSE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM, OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, SAFETY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF THE SERVICES, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS, MERCHANDISE, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM OR THIS AGREEMENT. ACCESS TO THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE AS A COURTESY. NEITHER REFER CLEANING SERVICE NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONDUCT OF ANY REQUESTERS OR PROFESSIONALS). NEITHER REFER CLEANING SERVICE NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM IS FREE FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. REFER CLEANING SERVICE AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY INFORMATION, PERSONAL OR OTHERWISE, SUPPLIED BY YOU WILL NOT BE MISAPPROPRIATED, INTERCEPTED, DELETED, DESTROYED OR USED BY OTHERS.
b. NO LIABILITY. YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD REFER CLEANING SERVICE, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS LICENSORS, OR ANY OF SUCH PARTIES' AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CORPORATE PARTNERS, OR PARTICIPANTS (COLLECTIVELY, "MEMBERS") LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOSSES, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND/OR CONTROVERSIES (COLLECTIVELY, "LIABILITIES") THAT HAVE ARISEN OR MAY ARISE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, RELATING TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT, ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION STALKING, HARASSMENT, ACTS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, AND LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY), SERVICES, ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY USER, ANY INSTRUCTION, ADVICE, ACT, OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY REFER CLEANING SERVICE OR MEMBERS, AND ANY DESTRUCTION OF YOUR INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL REFER CLEANING SERVICE OR MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME. REFER CLEANING SERVICE AND MEMBERS DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR FITNESS OF ANY WORK PERFORMED IN CONNECTION WITH THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM, THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, THE MERCHANDISE OR THIS AGREEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS, IT IS DETERMINED THAT REFER CLEANING SERVICE OR MEMBERS ARE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU TO REFER CLEANING SERVICE DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE TIME SUCH CLAIM AROSE.
c. RELEASE. REFER CLEANING SERVICE AND MEMBERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN USERS OF THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM. THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM IS ONLY A VENUE FOR CONNECTING USERS. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM CONNECTS A USER TO A THIRD PARTY PROVIDER FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROVIDING MERCHANDISE HEREUNDER, REFER CLEANING SERVICE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE REFER CLEANING SERVICE FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. BECAUSE REFER CLEANING SERVICE IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL CONTACT BETWEEN USERS OR IN THE COMPLETION OF ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE, IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE USERS, YOU RELEASE REFER CLEANING SERVICE AND MEMBERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR DAMAGES (ACTUAL, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTE. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS AND BENEFITS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (OR ANY ANALOGOUS LAW OF ANY OTHER STATE), WHICH READS AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
d. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER. THE QUALITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR THE MERCHANDISE SCHEDULED OR REQUESTED THROUGH THE USE OF REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TO YOU AND/OR THE THIRD PARTY MERCHANDISE PROVIDER. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT BY USING THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE THAT ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL TO MINORS, UNSAFE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE, AND THAT YOU USE THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM, AND SUCH PROFESSIONAL, AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT OR THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM CONSTITUTES, OR IS MEANT TO CONSTITUTE, ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IF YOU REQUIRE ADVICE IN RELATION TO ANY LEGAL, FINANCIAL OR MEDICAL MATTER YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL.
BY USING THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM, YOU AGREE THAT THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE REASONABLE. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE REASONABLE, YOU MUST NOT USE THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE PLATFORM.
YOU ACCEPT THAT, AS A CORPORATION, REFER CLEANING SERVICE HAS AN INTEREST IN LIMITING THE PERSONAL LIABILITY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BRING ANY CLAIM PERSONALLY AGAINST REFER CLEANING SERVICE'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DISPUTE, LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT WILL PROTECT THE REFER CLEANING SERVICE'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS AS WELL AS REFER CLEANING SERVICE.
EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE OTHER PARTY HAS ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT RELYING ON THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY STATED HEREIN AND THAT THOSE LIMITATIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
17. Indemnification. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Refer Cleaning Service, its licensors, and each such party's directors, officers, parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, employees, agents, attorneys, independent contractors and vendors from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, liabilities, damages or demands (including attorneys' fees and costs incurred), in connection with or resulting from, directly or indirectly: (i) your use or misuse of or inability to use the Refer Cleaning Service Platform, any Merchandise and/or any Professional Service, (ii) your violation of this Agreement, (iii) your violation of any applicable law or regulation; (iv) your violation of the rights of another (including but not limited to Professionals), and (v) Your Information and content that you submit or transmit through the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. Refer Cleaning Service reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any such claim or matter without the prior written consent of Refer Cleaning Service.
18. Mutual Arbitration Agreement.
a. Informal Negotiations. To expedite resolution and reduce the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim, past, present, or future, between you and Refer Cleaning Service, including without limitation any dispute or claim related to or arising out of this Agreement ("Dispute"), you and Refer Cleaning Service may attempt to negotiate any Dispute informally (the "Informal Negotiations") before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such Informal Negotiations will commence upon written notice. Your address for any notices under this section is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to Refer Cleaning Service. Refer Cleaning Service's address for such notices is: email@example.com.
b. Arbitration. If a Dispute is not resolved through Informal Negotiations, you and Refer Cleaning Service agree to resolve any and all Disputes (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) through final and binding arbitration ("Arbitration Agreement"). This Arbitration Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and evidences a transaction involving commerce. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted before a single arbitrator under the Commercial Arbitration Rules (the "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and, where appropriate, the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes ("AAA Consumer Rules"), both of which are available at the AAA website (www.adr.org). Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the AAA Rules (and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules). If you are unable to pay such costs, Refer Cleaning Service will pay all arbitration fees and expenses. Each party will pay the fees for his/her or its own attorneys, subject to any remedies to which that party may later be entitled under applicable law. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing. Additionally, the arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Arbitration Agreement. However, the preceding sentence shall not apply to the "Class Action Waiver" described in Section d below.
c. Excluded Disputes. You and Refer Cleaning Service agree that the following Disputes are excluded from this Arbitration Agreement: (1) any Dispute seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or our intellectual property rights; (2) individual claims in small claims court; (3) any claim that an applicable federal statute expressly states cannot be arbitrated; and (4) any claim for injunctive relief.
d. WAIVER OF RIGHT TO BE A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION.
You and Refer Cleaning Service agree to bring any Dispute in arbitration on an individual basis only, and not as a class or collective action. There will be no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought, heard or arbitrated as a class or collective action ("Class Action Waiver"). Regardless of anything else in this Arbitration Agreement and/or the applicable AAA Rules or AAA Consumer Rules, the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of the Class Action Waiver may only be determined by a court and not an arbitrator.
e. Rules/Standards Governing Arbitration Proceeding. A party who wishes to arbitrate a Dispute covered by this Arbitration Agreement must initiate an arbitration proceeding no later than the expiration of the statute of limitations that applicable law prescribes for the claim asserted. The arbitrator shall apply the statute of limitations that would have applied if the Dispute had been brought in court. The arbitrator may award any remedy to which a party is entitled under applicable law, but remedies shall be limited to those that would be available to a party in their individual capacity, and no remedies that otherwise would be available to an individual under applicable law will be forfeited. The arbitrator is without authority to apply any different substantive law. The parties have the right to conduct adequate civil discovery and present witnesses and evidence as needed to present their cases and defenses, and any dispute in this regard shall be decided by the arbitrator. The location of the arbitration proceeding shall take place in the city or county where you reside, unless each party agrees otherwise. A court of competent jurisdiction shall have the authority to enter judgment upon the arbitrator's decision/award.
f. Severability. You and Refer Cleaning Service agree that if any portion of this section entitled "Mutual Arbitration Agreement" is found illegal or unenforceable, that portion will be severed and the remainder of this section 18 will be given full force and effect.
19. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. Except for the Arbitration Agreement in Section 18, which is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and except as may be prohibited by the law of the State in which you primarily reside, this Agreement is governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. For all Disputes not subject to arbitration, You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located within the county of New York, New York.
20. Assignment. This Agreement may not be assigned or transferred by you without our prior written approval. We may assign or transfer this Agreement without your consent, including but not limited to assignments: (i) to a parent or subsidiary, (ii) to an acquirer of assets, or (iii) to any other successor or acquirer. Any assignment in violation of this section shall be null and void. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of permitted successors and assigns.
21. General Provisions. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. A failure by us to enforce any provision(s) of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Refer Cleaning Service with respect to its subject matter. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any Dispute, claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such Dispute, claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. All notices provided by a party in connection with this Agreement will be deemed given as of the day they are received either by email, messenger, delivery service, or in the U.S. Mail, postage prepaid, certified or registered, return receipt requested, and addressed as follows: Your address for such notices is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to Refer Cleaning Service. Refer Cleaning Service 's address for such notices is: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by mail to Refer Cleaning Service LLC Attn: Legal, 1881 Sedgwick Ave Apt#1D, Bronx, NY 10453. The captions in this Agreement are solely for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement shall not be modified except in writing signed by both parties or by means of a new posting by Refer Cleaning Service, as described below. This Agreement shall be interpreted as if jointly drafted by the parties. Refer Cleaning Service shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in performing its obligations in this Agreement where such failure or delay is caused by an event or circumstance beyond Refer Cleaning Service 's reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, failure of Professionals to perform, flood, fire, explosion, acts of terrorism or accident.
22. Changes to this Agreement. We reserve the right, at our sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, effective with or without prior notice. If any future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this Agreement, you must terminate, and immediately stop using, the Refer Cleaning Service Platform. Your continued use of the REFER CLEANING SERVICE Platform following any revision to this Agreement constitutes your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.
23. Severability These Terms shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
24. Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us at support or by mail the below address:
email@example.com and/or by mail to Refer Cleaning Service LLC Attn: Legal, 1881 Sedgwick Ave Apt#1D, Bronx, NY 10453
Last updated: April 27, 2017